Keeping Your Website Humming at All Times
- Entry Level Service
- No CDN included
- Up to 5 GB
- Basic CDN
- Improved Load Time
- Uptime Monitoring
- Up to 10 GB
- Premium CDN
- Superior Load Time
- 1 Hour of Support
- Up to 20 GB
Web hosting is a critical part of any website or web-based project. Without web hosting, your site would be inaccessible to anyone trying to visit it online. In its most basic form, web hosting is simply a way to store your website’s files on a server that can be accessed by anyone with an internet connection.
But web hosting can also be much more than that. It can give you a platform to build and grow your site, and even provide you with tools and resources to help you do so. Whether you’re just starting your business website project or are looking for a place to park your website, we’re here to help meet your needs.
What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is a service that provides users with online storage for their website files. This storage is usually provided on servers, which are powerful computers that are connected to the internet. When you sign up for a web hosting service, you will be given access to a server where you can upload your website’s files.
Once your files are uploaded, anyone who wants to visit your site will be able to do so by typing your site’s URL into their browser. The server will then retrieve the files from your account and display them in the browser.
If you’re just having a website built for the first time by a professional web developer, you’ll need a place to host the site once the project is finished. You’ll want to understand the scope of your website so you can choose the right hosting too.
What are the Different Types of Hosting?
There are several different types of web hosting available, and the type you choose will depend on your specific needs. The most common types of web hosting are shared, VPS, dedicated, and cloud hosting.
- Shared web hosting is the most basic and affordable option. With this type of hosting, your website will be stored on a server with other websites. This means that you will share server resources with other sites, which can affect your site’s performance. However, shared web hosting is a good option for small sites or sites that don’t receive a lot of traffic.
- VPS (virtual private server) web hosting gives you more control over your server than shared web hosting, but at a lower price than dedicated web hosting. With VPS hosting, your website will be stored on a server with other websites, but you will have your own virtual space that is isolated from the rest of the server. This means that you won’t have to share resources with other sites, and your site’s performance will not be affected by other sites on the same server.
- Dedicated web hosting is the most expensive option, but it also gives you the most control over your server. With dedicated hosting, your website will be stored on a server that is dedicated to your site only. This means that you won’t have to share resources with other sites and that your site’s performance will not be affected by other sites on the same server.
- Cloud web hosting is a newer type of hosting that is becoming more popular. With cloud hosting, your website will be stored on a cluster of servers. This means that your site will be able to scale up or down as needed, and you won’t have to worry about resources being over-allocated or under-utilized
How do I choose the right web host?
There are a few things you should consider when choosing a web host, including:
- The type of hosting you need (shared, VPS, dedicated, or cloud)
- The amount of traffic your site receives
- Your site’s specific needs and requirements
- Help with website maintenance and support
Hosting with Thrive Engine
Every website (new or existing) will have different needs, which is why it’s important to make sure you have the right hosting services to fit your site. At Thrive Engine, we review your website and its assets to determine the right hosting you need. For example, an e-commerce website with hundreds of products will require more resources than a small business website.
If you’re ready to switch your website hosting or have questions about our hosting solution, please schedule a free consultation with us.